Please note: You must be a Pivotal employee to purchase this item.
If you are ordering 100 or more, please fill out this form to order directly with O'Reilly: https://docs.google.com/
What exactly is a Cloud Native platform? It's certainly a hot topic in IT, as enterprises today assess this option for developing and delivering software quickly and repeatedly. This O'Reilly report explains the capabilities of Cloud Native platforms and examines the fundamental changes enterprises need to make in process, organization, and culture if they're to take real advantage of this approach.
Author Duncan Winn focuses on the open source platform Cloud Foundry, one of the more prominent Cloud Native providers. You'll learn how Cloud Native applications are designed to be infrastructure unaware can thrive and move at will in the highly distributed and constantly evolving cloud environment.
With this report, you'llexplore:
- Technical driving forces that are rapidly changing the way organizations develop and deliver software today
- How key concepts underpinning the Cloud Foundry platform leverage each of the technical forces discussed
- Why becoming cloud native means adopting a self-service, on-demand, and elastic infrastructure
- How Cloud Native platforms perform undifferentiated heavy lifting, such as provisioning VMs, middleware, and databases
- Recommended changes and practical considerations for organizations that want to build Cloud Native applications successfully
|Pivotal - Cloud Foundry Book by Duncan Winn|